Orthopedic Study Guides & Infographics
To pass the Orthopedic Clinical Speciality Examination it is important to understand clinical prediction rules, clinical practice guidelines, and recent research. OPTIM has comprised over 100 of these study guides to ensure that candidates are prepared for the OCS examination.
Need Some guidance studying for the OCS Examination?
Start by receiving high yield information directly to your inbox!
- Online lectures covering each body region
- Information gathered from Current Concepts, Clinical Practice Guidelines, APTA Monographs, and more
- Practice examination with 200+ questions
- Examination will be graded and participants will receive specific feedback on areas of improvement
- Weekly newsletters with pertinent tips and advice
- Research breakdowns of top journal articles
- Online question and answer sessions with OCS clinicians
- Includes didactic material, test strategies, and more
- Access to 100+ OCS study sheets and infographics
Weekly Infographics Examples
Areas of Focus
Frequently Asked Questions
When do I receive access to OCS prep course materials?
- You will receive access to preliminary study materials, reading lists, and the first several weeks of the program beginning October 1. You will have access to the full program including practice exams within 25 weeks of the OCS exam testing period.
- No, but you will receive CEU's upon passing the OCS. If you don't pass, send us your results and you can take the course for free the next time.
- If you have practiced in a setting treating primarily orthopedic MSK disorders and have at least 2,000 documented hours treating patients in this category you are a perfect candidate for the OCS exam and the OPTIM prep.
- If you decide that you would like to remove yourself from the program before the full program becomes available 25 weeks prior to the OCS testing date range, you will receive a full refund.
- The OPTIM OCS prep course provides excellent and in depth study material to prepare you for the OCS exam without inundating you with excessive and unnecessary information. This program meets you where you are; an experienced AND busy clinician who wishes to take their clinical expertise to the next level. There aren't endless powerpoints to sit through, and OPTIM provides a variety of study resources, weekly email reminders, and interactive study sessions leading up to the exam to hone in your knowledge.
Why Board Certification?
- The Physical Therapy profession has become increasingly demanding. Job opportunities in the Orthopedic setting are difficult to obtain. Earning your OCS will set you apart from your peers
- There are only a few times in the professional workplace to truly identify yourself as an expert. As healthcare professionals we have a duty to provide the highest quality care. Studying for the OCS will elevate both your clinical practice and your fellow clinicians